THABISA'S DILEMMA
Just in the twinkle of an eye everything seems to be falling apart. The hotness of the sun that Monday morning seems to be working against me. I sat in the classroom thinking about how life could be cruel. I remember the day I stepped into the school and the dreams I hoped to achieve. I recall my mother's words to me on the day of my departure from home. She said "my daughter, remember who you are, where you're from and what you want to be before making decisions in life.Also let God be first in all your doing s". My mom was in tears when she spoke to me that morning. She is all I've got, my dad died when I was three and mom has always struggled to see me through school.
Back to that Monday morning. I got to school and I was informed that the head of my department asked to see me. My heart froze as I walked quickly to his office
On getting there, he asked me to sit but I was not comfortable sitting because he was staring at me furiously. I thought he was just going to stare at me and simply say nothing. "Are you Thabisa luan" he asked. I replied with a "yes". What he told me kept me thinking about life. He said "Thabisa, your results is really poor and you have to help yourself or leave the school. The only way I can help you if you would spend a night with me". I couldn't hold back the tears from falling. I studied so hard for the exams and I can't believe my ears. I thought of how my mum would feel seeing me return home. I could feel her pain if that should happen. But my mom has always advised me not to let any man trample on my dignity. Oh God! Which path should I take? I need an answer?
WRITTEN BY :OKARA FAVOUR ENEYI
EDITTED BY :DENNIS UKAM
PROOFREAD BY :UDOFIA PEACE
ABOUT THE WRITER
Okara Favour Eneyi is an undergraduate student of the English and literary studies, University of calabar, calabar. She loves to write and share life's experiences with people. She believes every story is important and needs to be heard. She aspires to change lives and perceptions through her writeups.


Comments
Post a Comment