On EAGLES WINGS
I've been stepped on
I've been looked down on
They call me ant
They call me a rat
Men mock at me
Like wrappers
Women spread rumours
About me
Like clowns
Children make jest
Of me
I'm lost in loneliness,
Cursed with sorrow,
Plagued with misery
But I'll break the chains
Of lonliness
I'll look to the morrow
I'll hold on to the EAGLE
I will lean on its strength
I will trust on its wings
To take me to the morrow
I will soar higher and higher
And I will not look below
But I'll strive to keep staying
On the EAGLES WINGS.
WRITTEN BY :OKARA FAVOUR ENEYI
EDITTED BY :ELEMI ASA
PROOFREAD BY:UDOFIA PEACE

ABOUT THE WRITER
Okara Favour Eneyi is an undergraduate student of English and literary studies, University of Calabar. She loves to write and share life's experiences with people. She believes every story is important and needs to be heard. She aspires to change lives and perceptions through her writeups.

Comments
Post a Comment