WHERE AM I?
Filled with ecstasy and hope,
Filled with dreams and beliefs,
Walking into the manifestation of them,
I lose these gifts
In a place unknown.
Where am I?
Assured mama and papa
Of returned pride.
Strived to fulfil these promises.
Now misplaced they are,
Confused and lost am I,
Still I ask rhetorically,
Where am I?
Blood, sweat and tears I shed,
Just to make both ends meet.
Efforts become water turned into a basket.
Cornered to a place of dejection.
Please, where am I?
Corruption creeps in silently,
Ate my dreams like a
cankerworm,
Left me bare,
In a state of despair.
Confusion becomes my soulmate.
Lost am I.
Where am I?
Striving still to find me,
Searching for a path to survive,
Wit beckons me,
Strength draws me.
A path I see,
A gleam of hope I see.
Walking out of the unknown,
With pride and confidence,
Worries disappear,
Fear elapses.
For the question ' Where am I?'
Becomes a whisper to my ear.
-Written by: Chikezie Chioma Divine
-Proofread by: Elemi Asa Bassey
-Edited by: Ukam Dennis
-Published by: Chikezie Chioma Divine.
Filled with dreams and beliefs,
Walking into the manifestation of them,
I lose these gifts
In a place unknown.
Where am I?
Assured mama and papa
Of returned pride.
Strived to fulfil these promises.
Now misplaced they are,
Confused and lost am I,
Still I ask rhetorically,
Where am I?
Blood, sweat and tears I shed,
Just to make both ends meet.
Efforts become water turned into a basket.
Cornered to a place of dejection.
Please, where am I?
Corruption creeps in silently,
Ate my dreams like a
cankerworm,
Left me bare,
In a state of despair.
Confusion becomes my soulmate.
Lost am I.
Where am I?
Striving still to find me,
Searching for a path to survive,
Wit beckons me,
Strength draws me.
A path I see,
A gleam of hope I see.
Walking out of the unknown,
With pride and confidence,
Worries disappear,
Fear elapses.
For the question ' Where am I?'
Becomes a whisper to my ear.
-Written by: Chikezie Chioma Divine
-Proofread by: Elemi Asa Bassey
-Edited by: Ukam Dennis
-Published by: Chikezie Chioma Divine.
Comments
Post a Comment